Thursday, March 7, 2013

Shed 5



Shed 5
37 Dukes Walk
South Wharf Promenade
South Wharf 3006

Shed 5 is a modern Greek/Mediterranean restaurant in the South Wharf restaurant precinct.  South Wharf is a short walk over the Seafarers Bridge from the WTC Wharf precinct.  Shed 5 is literally located in one of the old cargo sheds on the Yarra River. Renovated of course!  DFO and the Hilton Hotel are neighbours as are a number of restaurants and bars. 

Setting sun giving the city a beautiful glow!

I dined at Shed 5 with my sisters on a beautiful summer night. To start we shared some entrees.



Fava Puree - Fried Chickpeas, Shallot, Hazelnuts $8

I'm afraid my picture does not do the Fava Puree justice.  It was divine.  Creamy and soft then topped with gorgeous crunchy chickpeas and hazelnuts.  I would return to Shed 5 for this dish alone!  We ordered some Pita Bread to dip.  


N'Duja & Mozzarella Croquettes - Oregano & Rosemary Aioli $4ea
The croquettes were delicious.  N'Duja is a spicy, spreadable pork sausage.  The inside of the croquette was soft and gooey.  The outside crisp and crunchy.  Perfect.  The aioli was the perfect accompaniment.


Saganaki Cheese - Grilled Onions & Roasted Peppers $16
The saganaki was lovely.  Salty cheese with sweet onions and peppers - a great combination.

Bannockburn Half Chicken - Zucchini and Haloumi Fritters $32


For main I had the Bannockburn Half Chicken.  A large serve but delicious.  Cooked in the wood oven the skin was beautifully crispy and the meat juicy and succulent.  The fritters were an interesting addition and very tasty.

Slow Roasted Lamb Neck - Dates, Pinenuts, Capers $32

My sisters both ordered the lamb and were very happy with their meal.  The meat was beautifully tender and melted in your mouth.

Spring Village Salad - Peppers, Olives, Green Beans, Barrel Aged Feta $13


Potato Fries - Bay Leaves, Chilli, Rosemary, Garlic $8

We ordered salad and potato fries to enjoy with our mains.  Nice classic flavour combinations.

Almond Praline & Honey Semifreddo, Apricot Sorbet, Berries $12
We were quite full by this stage so just ordered a dessert to share.  It was fine with a nice contrast of flavours.


Shed 5 was a lovely dining experience.  I look forward to returning.

 
 

 Shed 5 on Urbanspoon

6 comments:

  1. Great post :) I've walked past Shed 5 so many times but I haven't had the chance to go visit ~ It looks super YUM!!! Will have to make my way down there soon ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daisy! It definitely worth the visit :)

      Delete
  2. How GOOD is that fava puree!! omg I need to go back for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Shellie :) Yes it is amazing! I keep wondering if I could recreate it. Somehow I don't think it will taste quite the same!

      Delete
  3. I used to work in the area and had no idea Shed 5 even existed! The food looks so nice, especially the fava bean puree! I love fava beans but they're so hard to prepare, always such a treat to have them at a restaurant. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Sarah, I love fava/broad beans but not the preparation required!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting Piecey Num Nums :)