Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Wilsons Boathouse (Closed)

12/05/12 Update - Unfortunately Wilsons Boathouse has closed down!  I am not sure why but I believe it was related to a lease dispute.  Disappointing because it really was a lovely restaurant. 

Wilsons Boathouse
18-38 Siddeley Street
W.T.C. Wharf 3005

I recently had lunch at Wilsons Boathouse, a new seafood restaurant in the WTC Wharf precinct.  On this lovely summer afternoon my friend S and I were the only people in the large restaurant. Service was prompt and attentive - as one would expect with no one else to serve!


We started with a lovely glass of sparking wine, admiring the amazing view over the Yarra River.

Seared Hervey Bay scallops, pork belly, master stock glaze, enoki mushrooms, pork crackling

We shared an entree to start.  The scallops were lovely but I was underwhelmed by the pork elements of the dish.

Flinders Island King George whiting, seared Hervey Bay scallops, lime butter sauce, salmon roe, kipfler potato

My whiting was lovely.  Well cooked, beautiful flavours. More delicious scallops. 


Crisp Skinned Cone Bay Barramundi, charred sweet corn puree, salt cod brandade croquette

S loved her Barramundi.  The popcorn was an interesting touch!

Overall we really enjoyed our lunch and will definitely return.  Whilst it was a touch on the pricey side for a quick weekday lunch, the seafood was fresh and well cooked and the location beautiful.

Wilsons are now offering a $35 lunch deal - 2 courses and a glass of wine.  Great value!

12/05/12 Update - Unfortunately Wilsons Boathouse has closed down!  I am not sure why but I believe it was related to a lease dispute.  Disappointing because it really was a lovely restaurant.



Wilson's Boat House on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. That's a good lunch deal. Hopefully they get a bit busier - the food looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Agnes. Yes I hope they do too - They are pretty new so I'm sure they will get busier once people realise they are there!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting Piecey Num Nums :)